The Board is responsible for approving and for controlling the Association’s policy and work programme. Members of the board are:
- Piet Akkermans† (Rector of the College of Europe)
Jan De Groof - President (Belgium - College of Europe, Chargé de Mission to UNESCO for the Right to Education)
- Antonio Barbas Homem (Portugal - University of Lisbon)
Walter Berka (Austria - Universität Salzburg)
- Germain Dondelinger (Luxemburg - Ministère de la Culture de l'Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche)
Antonio Embid Irujo (Spain - Universidad de Zaragoza)
Theodore Fortsakis (Greece - University of Athens)
Hans Peter Füssel (Germany – Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin)
Charles Glenn (USA - Boston University)
- Dympna Glendenning (Ireland)
- Stig Klingstedt (Norway)
Gracienne Lauwers (Belgium – University of Antwerp)
André Legrand (France - University Paris X-Nanterre)
Paul Meredith (United Kingdom - University of Southampton)
- Frank Nordberg (Sweden - National Agency for Higher Education)
- Ben Vermeulen (Netherlands – Free University Amsterdam)
Paul Zoontjens (Netherlands - Tilburg University)
- The Managing Director (Dr. Gracienne Lauwers) is responsible for the strategic development of the Association’s policy and work programme.
- The technical assistant to the managing director edites, designes, and produces the Association’s newsletter, publications, and promotional materials.
- The secretariat provides administrative support for the implementation of the Association’s policy and work programme. It also provides assistance to fellows.
- The librarian (Mr. Stefan Van Lier) is responsible for the Association’s specialised library.
- The managing editor of the International Journal for Education Law and Policy, manages the Journal’s blind review process and edits all accepted articles to meet the Journal’s editorial standards.
- Research teams are responsible for the implementation of a specific action of the Association’s work programme. The coordinator of a research team also directs the Association’s dissemination and publicity efforts and manages its media relations efforts on that topic.